Monday, January 18, 2010

Kindermusik Fun

With my two oldest girls we lived too far from town to come in each week for Kindermusik, but now that we live much closer Little One has been enjoying her class since she was 16 months old. If you've never heard of Kindermusik it is a class for infants through preschool age that engages your child in music, dance, sign language, instrument playing and fun with other kiddos.Fun with Ms. Celeste and my girls along with a little friend

Little One looks forward to her class each week and I do too! It's a wonderful 45 minutes filled with time for me to enjoy with my youngest. My oldest are too old for these classes, but they get to participate on special days. Other days they find a cozy nook nearby to catch up on their reading or quiz each other on their spelling words for the week. It works out very nicely.


At home we have Cd's we were given with the class so that we could reinforce what we are learning in class. I'm constantly amazed by how quickly Little One learns the words and rhythms to the songs. There are also read along books that go along with each semester class, which sometimes Ms. Celeste (her teacher) will read during class.


Little One always loves when Ms. C pulls out the streamers!


The neatest thing about Kindermusik is that it is all about the kids. They are not forced to participate, can explore, and do things at their own pace. There is no pressure put on parents and very rarely does a child ever have to step out of class because they are acting up. It's a very relaxed, yet at the same time safe environment.

Anyway, if you have this program in your town you might want to check into it. It has been worth every penny and I plan on continuing with her until she is too old to go anymore.

Do you have a weekly activity that you and your young one like to participate in?
IF you haven't had a chance to check out my Eskimo Kisses And Air Hugs blog for my 50 dollar shopping spree give-away go here to sign up!

3 comments:

  1. My girls did Kindermusik at day care years ago. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of friends who did kindermusik with their kids and they loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a lot of fun. I never imagined she would enjoy and learn as much as she has;)

    ReplyDelete