Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WFMW- Live Owl Cam

We love watching the wildlife around here. We seem to have binoculars by every window just in case we spot a red-tailed hawk feeding or spot an owl sitting on the ridge behind our home. My girls keep a wildlife journal to document the comings and goings of all the animals around here. So for this Works For Me Wednesday I thought I'd share a neat website I found through a friend.

It is a live cam on a Barn Owl nest in the wild. Her eggs are due to hatch any day. My girls think it is neat that one day soon we will see little baby owlets and we might even be lucky enough to watch it hatch. I find myself fascinating my this act of nature myself. Just click here to go to the link.

My children are so much more aware of their surroundings due to their interest in nature. They've also learned some valuable life lessons watching the animal families around our home.

For more Works For Me Wednesday tips head over to We Are That Family!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! We enjoyed checking in on this barn owl for a while and haven't been there in ages. I didn't even know she was 'expecting'! :)
    Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool, but...where is the link? I'd love to have a look myself!
    I was lucky enough to spot a peregrine falcon in my backyard this winter. It was amazing, since I've only seen 2 in all my life. Not so amazing for the wren she was eating, but hey, this is nature, right? And me, I love all wildlife. (Except maybe spiders, but they are okay if they stay out of my house.)
    A few years ago, my daughter told me to go look out on the deck. There was a beautiful owl sitting in my tree! I got a nice picture of "Owlie." Believe me, your kids will never outgrow their fascination with nature--I know I never have.

    ReplyDelete